Integrating Trauma-Informed practices into the workplace
Universal practices you can adopt to make your workplace feel safer and more comfortable for everyone.
- Set reasonable boundaries.
- State expectations up front.
- Prioritize consistency.
- Communicate information in advance.
- Allow choice whenever possible, esp in matters of self-determination.
- Create opportunities for co-regulation (e.g. - supportive check-ins, listening circles, confidential peer-mentor relationships).
Icon made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com